Your on-premise ERP may have been an excellent option when you committed to it, but your company might be ready for a more flexible solution. Multiview Financial Software gives you industry-best tips to migrate from on-premise ERP to cloud ERP software.
Why Migrate From On-Premise ERP to Cloud Software?
Cloud ERPs offer many advantages over a conventional on-premise ERP. As a flexible solution based online, your cloud ERP is accessible from any internet-connected computer. Secure infrastructure ensures information stays protected, and connections to support teams keep your operations efficient around the clock.
An on-premise ERP is limited to your office space and the hardware you bought with company revenue. Cloud ERPs can help you cut costs, while scalability allows them to grow with your business. While cloud migration requires planning, it leads to beneficial results.
Prepare for Challenges
When you’re ready to migrate to cloud-based software, you should consider the challenges that come with the cloud adoption process. With careful planning, you can handle these tasks with ease. Cloud migration challenges include:
- Term navigation: When you work with an ERP supplier, you have to clarify your service terms before negotiating so you can get the cloud-based software solution that suits your needs. Consider things beyond standard terms, like disaster recovery, liability limitations and customer support availability.
- Licensing considerations: You need to know how you’ll use your software and what licensing you’ll require to do so. Are you looking for a subscription model or a hosting arrangement?
- Data protection: Your data is vital to your operation, and you need to know how ERP suppliers will treat it during your transition. Where is it located? How is it stored and protected? How do they prevent data loss?
- Transition strategy: As data transfers to the cloud, your team needs to be prepared for changes and elevated risk. Collaborate with your ERP supplier to align your transition and exit strategy with their contract.
- Time: One of the biggest challenges of cloud migration is the time it takes to reach deployment. From planning to testing and training, these processes will happen simultaneously with your business operations. Prepare for a slow process and know it’s worth the time spent.
Our Steps for Migrating to A Cloud-Based ERP Solution
With a well-developed strategy, your migration to the cloud can be a smooth one. Our steps for migration are:
- Discover and approve: Create a project team that can research vendors and find the right ERP supplier for your needs. This team should determine necessary performance factors and evaluate vendors based on how well they meet your goals.
- Plan: Your planning stage will form the foundation of your successful migration. This phase includes finalizing the contract, making infrastructure upgrades as necessary and creating a data reconciliation strategy. You may also take this time to modify your workflows to take advantage of your new ERP features.
- Test and configure: To ensure the best results with your cloud software, you need to test it. Find out how it works within your infrastructure and modify it to meet your company’s needs. This stage also includes integrating old data into the new system.
- Train: Your team has to adjust to the ERP as much as your ERP needs to adjust to your infrastructure. Develop a comprehensive training program that allows everyone to feel comfortable with the new system. Make sure your team feels informed about all the changes taking place, so they know how to prepare and respond accordingly.
- Deploy: When testing and training are complete, you’re ready to move to the deployment stage. You might choose to do a gradual rollout with a few features at a time or release the system all at once. This process might be a little touch-and-go, but as your team adjusts, the ERP will become a natural part of your workflow.
- Stabilize: In the first weeks of deployment, you have to be ready to support and stabilize your team’s performance as needed. With stabilization built into your migration strategy, you can take your time and remain patient with delays.
Choose Multiview Financial Software for Easy Migration
Multiview uses a consultative approach to understand your company’s needs and create an implementation strategy that works for your infrastructure. We provide attentive, long-term support to ensure your migration and ERP meet your expectations over time, and our in-depth training ensures your team is ready for the transition.